Sunday, June 7, 2015

Wunderlist for Keeping Up With Your To Do List

I love to do lists. They allow me to empty my brain and stop obsessing about what I might forget to do. The only problem is that I can never remember where I put them. If I use the one in my e-mail program, I have to open my e-mail and go to do the to-do list. My phone's to-do list is limited to that app on the phone.

So I'm thankful for web based to do lists like Wunderlist. I can access it from an app on my phone or tablet, from the Wunderlist website or from the Google Chrome extension that features my list whenever I open a new tab. I could even print out my list, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't sync with the other copies of the list like these other options do automatically.

Here are some of the cool features:

  • Share tasks with other users
  • Create sub-tasks in each list item
  • Attach files to a list item (including audio notes)
  • Create folders for lists
  • E-mail in tasks to a list
  • Add comments, notes and reminders to list items
  • Use hashtags add context to the item
  • Syncing among all versions of the program
  • Add cool backgrounds to your lists. My current favorite is a friendly monster with a balloon.
This is all on the free plan.  A premium plan means that some of the features here are unlimited, but the free one should work for most school staff. It also might be a great tool to recommend to students to help keep them organized. It is simple to use and it works pretty seamlessly.


Note: The company was recently bought by Microsoft, so there may be some changes in the future, but they haven't reported what those changes might be yet.