A month ago we shared some Google Drive Advanced Search Tips and Tricks. These advanced features still work, but the new search experience is much cleaner and user friendly.
Here is part of a recent post from Google about these awesome changes:
When you store important files in Google Drive they’re not only safe, they’re accessible from any device. Finding these files again from any device should be super easy, so we’re rolling out a new search experience to get you better results — even faster.
Drive lets you search across all your files, regardless of the device they came from. To make that easier, you can use these new ways to find your files:
- Narrow your search to a file type from the search box on Android, iOS, and the web.
- Open advanced search instantly from the search box.
- Access recent files or search Drive from the home screen using 3D Touch on iOS.
- Search Drive using the iOS search bar without opening the Drive app.
Link to Google Post
Drive always had an advanced search menu, but the new menu is much cleaner and easier. Here is a quick summary of the advanced search features. Search by:
- File Type (Image, PDFs, Text documents, Spreadsheets, Presentations, Audio, Videos, Archive(zip), Drawings, and Folders) - Love the folder option!
- Date Modified (Choose ranges or a specific day) - Great to look for a specific day!
- Name (Enter a term that matches part of the file name)
- Keywords (Enter words found in the file)
- Owner (Owned by me, Not owned by me, Specific person...)
- Shared with (Enter a name or email address . . . )
- Located in (Anywhere, Starred, or Trash) - Would be nice if this drop down included "Shared with me" and Recent"?