The beauty of Drop It To Me (other than the catchy name) is that you can easily receive files from students, colleagues, parents or the public. The sender does not need an account, email address, or app. You give them the link to your Drop It To Me webpage. After inputting the page's password, they are provided with an Upload button. Any file type can be submitted, and that file is sent right into a dropittome folder in your Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive. This makes it easy to collect things such as permission slips from parents.
Here is how to Set Up a Page to Receive Files:
- Go to dropitto.me and register for an account
- Create a new page by setting up a new cloud connection to Google Drive, Dropbox, or OneDrive.
- Add page details - which includes choosing your page's slug. The page's slug is the taniam of the URL dropittom.me/taniam. You get to indicate the title and description that will appear at the top of your page.
- Set a Password for your page. I suggest keeping the password and simple. The last part is to indicate if you want to receive an email notification each time you receive a file.
- Send the link to the people that need access
How Others Send Files Through Your Page:
- Follow the link to the Drop it To Me page. A visitor simply enters a password for the page.
- Click the Select to Upload button. This will open up a file picker. After the file is selected, it is automatically synced to your Google Drive, Dropbox or OneDrive dropittome folder. (The sender should not close the window until a checkmark appears from the uploaded file's name to indicate a successful transfer.)