I've made no secret that Chrome is my go-to web browser. One reason I love Chrome is the fact that that as a school our top collaboration and creation resource is Google Drive. I also love Chrome because of the powerful Extensions and Chrome Apps that can be added to improve the user experience. Many of my favorite extensions help me be more efficient. I particularly love extensions that help me manage the multiple tabs a frequently have open.
Two of my favorites are OneTab and TabCloud. These two extensions are similar and I suggest experimenting with the features of both before decided to choose one over the other.
Whenever you find yourself with too many tabs, click the OneTab icon to convert all of your tabs into a list. When you need to access the tabs again, you can either restore them individually or all at once. You can also share the collection of tabs as a web page. Great way to share multiple sites with someone.
TabCloud allows you to save any window session and restore it at a later date or on another computer. Effectively allowing you to sync open tabs between multiple computers.
Bonus Tab Tools
- TabCarousel - Cycle through your Chrome tabs automatically. Great for monitoring information on a TV with a computer attached.
- Tab Scissors - This extension splits a window into two at the selected tab.
- Tab Glue - This extension glues windows together.
- Tab Snooze - Close unnecessary tabs and make them magically reappear when you need them.
- Tab Resize - Split Screen made easy. Resize the CURRENT tab and tabs to the RIGHT into layouts on separate windows. w/ Multi Monitor Support.
Learn more about Chrome Extensions and Apps